To provide leadership and overall oversight in the execution of the set targets and pro-actively provide excellent leadership and relationship management to our SME and Retail Banking customers in order to attract and retain customers in line with the organizational objectives.
Reports to :
• Executive Director
The Head of Head of Business (SME & Retail) is responsible for overall supervision of activities, administration and efficient daily operations of the Business Development department, Branch Managers and Relationship Managers in accordance with the banks policies and Statutory regulations.
- Develop, execute and drive the Bank’s strategic and business growth plans consistent with the overall business strategies, including setting KPIs and objectives at both team and individual level.
- Grow and maintain a quality SME asset and Retail portfolio for the bank.
- Ensure constant flow of deals for credit analysis and appraisal.
- Mobilize deposits and assets for the entire bank through the Branch Mangers, Relationship managers and Relationship Officers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and other relevant bodies to ensure that the company maximizes its sales potential.
- Cross sell and retain SME & Retail clients so as to grow wallet share and value addition.
- Compile monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for the purpose of measuring growth against target.
- Train, coach, and manage the Business teams to ensure that plans are achieved.
- Ensure growth of Net interest income and non-funded income including foreign currency and trade finance income.
- Maintain a harmonious working relationship among the team and other stake holders.
- Participate in the development and ongoing review of the strategic plan providing specialist expertise and industry knowledge.
- Achieve a culture that is highly geared towards high performance, execution, results and long term relationships with customers.
- Provide input required to the Assets and Liability Management Committee and actively ensure adherence to guidelines.
- Implement and operationalize rigorous activity management and reporting across the branches.
- Monitor market trends and changes in the regulations to ensure timely and efficient evolution to current practices.
- Develop business cases and take ownership of new service models for distribution focusing on; increased customer convenience, customer and deposits retention, cost optimization, new revenue generation and achieving operational efficiencies.
- Lead a high caliber team to achieve objectives, KPIs and share the vision and mission of the bank with branch teams to ensure outputs are consistent with bank strategies.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor in line with the role
•A first degree with a bias in business related field.
• 7-10 years of professional experience in banking of which a minimum of 5 years should be in relationship management and Sales
Skills and competencies.
- Selling Skills
- Relationship Management and Networking Skills
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail Mental Skills : Analytical thinking
Work location :
• Head Office
Interested candidates should send their application letters together with their curriculum vitae
to the Head Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org