Responsible for development, implementation, and monitoring a strategy focused on deposit growth, client growth and product solutions. To drive Balance Sheet and Profit and loss targets for the Institutional Banking segment, and lay strategies for business growth, monitor and regularly report on segment performance, oversee product mix development, and take responsibility for the Institutional Banking performance in line with the bank policies and strategy.
Reports to :
• Executive Director
- Lead the development of a Strategic plan in line with the Institutional Banking segment.
- Oversee, enable and facilitate Business growth in terms of liability product offerings, revenue growth and uptake.
- Ensure that all processes are compliant to Audit, Risk and Control requirements by strict adherence, implementation of all recommendations and closing out queries.
- Lead the development and improvement of liability Products, their pricing, analysis and marketing to improve the bank ‘s value proposition.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key decision makers in government agencies, business associations and other businesses to understand their current and future needs and deliver suitable financial products.
- Build and maintain SLA based strategic relationships with Support and enabling functions within the organization to enable timely and appropriate service to clients.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of customer service in order to maximize the returns from existing relationships and attract new business from targeted customers.
- Define measurable business growth objectives, management processes and measures.
- To oversee the growth of the bank’s liability portfolio in Partnerships and institutions namely; various arms of the UN Bodies, Government parastatals, schools, universities, embassies, Fintechs, MNOs, Micro finance Institutions, Financial and Non- Bank Financial Institutions, Faith Based Organisations, Insurance Companies and other entities as per the Bank’s strategy.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor in line with the role
•A first degree with a bias in business related field.
Key Knowledge and Experience.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Business degree in Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Management or any relevant field from a reputable academic Institution.
- Relevant Practical training in business growth in the financial services sector.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 7 – 10 years’ experience in a Banking environment with at least 5 years in the Business (Corporate) business function, with managerial experience.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in Business Development, Relationship Management.
- The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
- Must have critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
- Ability to take clear accountability and focus on delivery of broader corporate goals.
- Deep knowledge of Corporate Banking principles, business methodologies and practices.
Skills and competencies.
- Leadership and Team building
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Creativity and passion for business development
- Proactive and decisive
- Mathematical skills
- Analytical and critical skills
- Customer Focused
- Team work
- Enterprising and Innovative
Work location :
• Head Office
Interested candidates should send their application letters together with their curriculum vitae
to the Head Human Resources at email@example.com