To market the Bank’s products and manage customer relationships with major focus on Trade Finance products through proactive and consultative approaches with the aim of acquiring profitable New business, retaining existing business relationships and maintaining high quality portfolios geared towards realization of the Bank’s mission and vision.
Reports to :
• Manager Assets/Liabilities
• Business Development
- Acquisition of profitable new business relationships to achieve defined sales targets with major focus on trade finance to grow the market share in line the Bank’s strategic direction.
- Acquire new to bank trade finance customers to grow the trade finance customer portfolio.
- Grow deposits as per set targets
- Identify business opportunities within the existing portfolio and establish mechanisms of growing customer relationships with the Bank.
- Manage and mine assigned trade finance portfolio and monitor portfolio quality.
- Review, analyse, screen, verify and confirm all the documentation submitted by clients prior to submission for recommendation and approval as per the credit/business process flow.
- Market all Bank products to the market in line with the Bank’s defined segments, set targets and strategic objective.
- Make daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly customer visits and call reports in a bid to monitor and grow the customer base.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean loan portfolio with no facilities being recalled.
- Prepare weekly activity reports and submit them to the Chief Business Officer.
- Grow and support branches with trade finance business.
- Review and maintain a comprehensive database of existing relationships / prospects and establish ways of retaining and growing the trade finance portfolio in compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Recommend changes required to meet the set targets and customer expectations in line with the Bank’s policy and procedure.
- Carry out account plans and annual reviews for all customers within the trade finance Portfolio.
- Cross selling all Bank products.
- A university degree in any field.
- Professional qualification in banking e.g MBA as added advantage.
•Not less than 3 years in a similar role, in the banking industry.
Skills and competencies.
- Leadership and Team building
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Creativity and passion for Business Development
- Relationship Management Skills
- Marketing skill
- Excellent communication skills
Interested candidates should send their application letters together with their curriculum vitae
to the Head Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org